Monday, November 22, 2010

Responce to Digital Nation Video

In today's class we watched a video called Digital Nation.This video really got me thinking about the internet, cell phones and video game usage within my family and how it affects us. Within my family there is always someone on the computer whether it be my dad or one of my three siblings. Sometimes we would literally fight over who gets to go on the computer first. This constant fighting drove my mom crazy because not only did we fight about who went on first but about how long each of us was on the computer. So my mom bought a timer and we were each allowed half an hour on the computer at a time. My mom is the only person in my house who doesn't know how to work the computer or know how to text message and she doesn't want to learn either. One of the most common punishments in our household is being grounded off of the computer or off of our cell phones. We are all completely addicted because when this punishment is given out we temporarily hate my mother.

My brother in ten years old and currently owns 5 video gaming systems: 2 play station two, Wii, game cube, and the newest addition a play station three. He is always playing video games and when his marks start to drop my parents take away the games and once again his marks improve.

This only proves how dependant my family and the world is on technology. I do believe it is an addiction as currently I am typing this blog, instant messaging on facebook, watching televison and using my blackberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment