Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Response to Allison Cameron Video

In today's class we watched a short video that had a great effect on me. It made me think about the kind of teacher I want to be; what kind of difference I want to make in young peoples lives. First off I will give some back ground on what the short video was about...it has to do with students that attend a school that is kind of like a last resort because these students have problems staying in school and succeeding in school. One of the students they focused on is Barney, he is a 14 yr old boy that could not read and write. This all changed when one of his teachers Allison Cameron introduced exercise to their daily routine. Allison noticed drastic improvements in her students grade and in their concentration. This video really made me realize that I aspire to be an innovative teacher. One who can experiment and find positive outcomes. I want to be able to make an impact in a child's life; be that person they can think back on fondly. I want to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment